Standards of Evaluation
Flash or Sudden Fictions
- Is not a story . . . yet: lacks exposition, rise, and other elements, such as sense of place.
- Meets most story elements
- Arc elements are nuanced, carefully drawn, and show developed understanding of the craft. Bright.
- Not enough happens in the narrative to develop dramatic tension or movement (in the telling and/or in the matter)
- Enough happens to create a sense of dramatic tension
- Develops dramatic tension and emotion. Can’t miss it
- The ideas in the story require more digging and nuance, especially risk
- The level of idea in the story is sufficient for interest but could use more boost, energy, risk
- The story is fresh and engages interest beyond drama and arc