Liminal

Welcome to the capstone exhibition
by the 2020 Portfolio Preparation class!

There are two options for visiting the exhibition.

Please use the comments section below as a guest book and leave a message for the artists

The virtual tour will guide you through a 3D gallery. Once gallery loads press play button to begin (gallery may take a moment to load)

The exhibition video displays the individual pieces of artwork alongside excerpts from each students’ artist statements

Liminal

: of, relating to, or being an intermediate state, phase, or condition

Liminal is an exhibition featuring works created by the Spring 2020 Portfolio Preparation Class.

Over the course of 15 weeks, each member of this advanced photography class crafts a portfolio dedicated to a single topic of personal importance. Students work individually and as a team critiquing their photographs, reworking original ideas, and questioning and discovering which techniques and aesthetic choices are most effective in conveying their concepts.

This March, seven weeks into this process, Portfolio Prep students, and much of the world, began the practice of social distancing. Using skills cultivated through their artistic practice and studies, the class adapted to their new parameters and forged onward. The communal aspects of the course, critical to portfolio development, continued in the digital realm. The positive energy and drive of the students persisted.

A typical semester in Portfolio Preparation ends with a capstone exhibition in Tunxis’ Barnes-Franklin Gallery. This was not a typical semester. We have chosen to celebrate the achievements of the class with a virtual exhibition in Tunxis’ Gallery in the Cloud. This moment is simply an in-between point on our journey. We look forward to the moment we can stand together and celebrate these achievements. Until then, we will celebrate in this liminal space. After all, capstone exhibitions are always intermediate moments between the now and the next big adventure. We optimistically await what is to come.

Jessica Somers
Instructor of Photography

25 comments on “Liminal
  1. Fidel Carp says:

I just want to say I am beginner to weblog and absolutely savored you’re web site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your website . You certainly have outstanding stories. Cheers for sharing with us your web site.

2. Oma Hartz says:

YOU NEED POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS THAT BUY FROM YOU ?

I’m talking about a better promotion method than all that exists on the market right now, even better than email marketing.
    Just like you received this message from me, this is exactly how you can promote your business or product.

Do you want more details or do you want to receive a TEST ?
    CHECK HERE=> https://bit.ly/Good_Promotion

3. Irish Roxon says:

YOU NEED FAST PROXY SERVERS ?

Check it out this Anonymous and Private Proxy Servers.
    HTTP & SOCKS5 Proxy supported.
    IP Authentication or Password Authentication available.
    HERE: https://bit.ly/Cheap_Proxy_Servers

4. Hello says:

Im grateful for the article.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

5. many people are rich but can not do why because they are impatient in life’s trials so if I’m you to be your brain then I want you to visit the site of someone who will thank you for trust

6. Very interesting and thanks for the introduction to livefyre. I’m certainly looking for something social/viral to replace the default comment system. Jetpack is also out for reasons. My shortlist is between livefyre, disqus and facebook… maybe I will look closer at postmatic too. Oh boy.

7. Amazing blog layout here. Was it hard creating a nice looking website like this?

8. Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Bless you

9. Antony Moen says:

The best SEO & Most Powerful link building software for your business.

I just checked out your website tunxis.edu and wanted to find out if you need help for SEO Link Building ?

If you aren’t using SEO Software then you will know the amount of work load involved in creating accounts, confirming emails and submitting your contents to thousands of websites.

With THIS SOFTWARE the link submission process will be the easiest task and completely automated, you will be able to build unlimited number of links and increase traffic to your websites which will lead to a higher number of customers and much more sales for you.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, We offer you 7 days free trial => https://bit.ly/3ebnYTI

10. YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS for your: tunxis.edu

My name is Etsuko Sabella, and I’m a Web Traffic Specialist. I can get:
    – visitors from search engines
    – visitors from social media
    – visitors from any country you want
    – very low bounce rate & long visit duration

CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST => https://bit.ly/3gqLEoE

11. Free Samples says:

Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for beginner blog writers? I’d definitely appreciate it.

12. Rocco Lonon says:

You Want $5000 Or More Each Month Working With Local Businesses ?

Google Local Raider is a complete Google Guarantee business-in-a-box.
    Everything you need to start earning passive monthly commission check is provided in a done-for-you format including a detailed,
    no-fluff guide that walks through the entire process step by step.

MORE INFO HERE=> https://zeep.ly/Lqic4

13. Hello Admin,

YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS for your: tunxis.edu

My name is Wendy Mccain, and I’m a Web Traffic Specialist. I can get:
    – visitors from search engines
    – visitors from social media
    – visitors from any country you want

Do not forget to read Review to convince you, is already being tested by many people who have trusted it !!

Liminal – Tunxis Community College Photography

14. YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS THAT BUY FROM YOU? I can get for your site visitors: visitors from search engines or social media, visitors from any country you want, very low bounce rate & long visit duration. Claim Your Free Test here=> https://bit.ly/3gqLEoE

15. Free Stuff says:

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!

16. Free Stuff says:

I?m not sure where you’re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this information for my mission.

17. Melissa Z. says:

Kudos to these wonderful photographers! Your determination and dedication toward your art is evident in this exhibit. Thank you for sharing your creativity on this platform. It truly looked like the gallery at Tunxis. Good luck in future!

18. Jody says:

What a nice way to end my Wednesday workday! I’m very impressed with these presentations. They made me think and feel.

19. M. J. Somers says:

So wonderful to get to see the culmination of these photography students efforts. Beautiful and inspiring work by all. Congratulation to the artists and may you continue to pursue your passion for photography. Also, kudos for staying with the program during the transition to online instruction. Good luck in the future.

20. Sara Faulkner says:

Beautiful expressions by all. I found each beautiful and insightful in different ways. Congratulations to all on your accomplishments and hope for continued success in all your endeavors.

21. Patti K says:

This exhibit is impressive in both the work the students produced and in the presentation. I took both tours and enjoyed seeing the student work twice! The photographs are creative, thought-provoking, and sensitive. Each artist’s statement provides the viewer with the artist’s intent and thereby enhances the viewing. Thank you, Jessica, for inspiring your students to create excellent work! Kudos to you all!

22. Chuck Cleary says:

I want to say how impressed I am with our students’ artwork. Your perspectives, creativity & way you see the world is inspiring. Thank you for your hard work this semester!
    Chuck Cleary,
    Tunxis Community College
    Dean of Student Affairs

23. Sam K says:

Wow! So awesome! Some of the most creative works I’ve seen =)

24. Mike Z says:

Brilliant work! It looks just like the actual Barnes-Franklin Gallery.

25. Jessica Somers says:

I’m so proud of all of you! Your portfolios are evidence of the hard work, adaptation,perserverance and achievements this semester. Here’s to the next chapter!
    Jess