what is otto
Otto is a lover of palindromes. It's the Art and Literary magazine of Tunxis Community College.
Otto accepts previously unpublished poetry, fiction, and non-fiction without restriction to genre. It
accepts art and photography that makes the viewer want
to grab the frame and climb inside.
when to submit
We consider submissions between September 1st and March 15th. So submit!
we're looking for
Works that surprise, challenge, and make the familiar unfamiliar. We're interested in people who see
green when the majority claims blue.
- Submit all works to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brief cover letters with some amount of explanation are welcome. Include address in your submission because we provide copies to contributors.
- Submit all work as separate file attachments. This is required or your submission will be
eaten by the netdog.
- Provide your name and sufficient information about the work, such as title and genre in the subject
line of the email.
- Literary work should be submitted in doc or docx file formats (note that .rtf has become unreliable).
- Submit up to three poems.
- Submit up to two works of fiction or non-fiction.
- Submit up to three micro or flash fictions (works between 50 to 1000 words +- ).
- Submit max two visual works: photographs, graphic works, art, images of sculpture.
- Visual work should be submitted at 300dpi.
Note that we will consider up to two visual works per submission and no more.
- Contributors to Otto will be provided two complimentary copies of the magazine.
- We’re interested in entries from students, faculty, the general public.