We are officially in the second phase of a multi-phase campus expansion project, with completion of Phase II expected in summer 2013. The project will expand the campus to 292,000 square feet.
Phase II will include construction of a three-story, 56,000-square-foot classroom building which will extend from the 600 Building and add approximately 19 classrooms to campus while making room for future office space.
Currently: All utilities (power, water, gas) have been relocated for foundation work. Footings and walls are being poured for the foundation. Site work completion is expected in late spring 2012.
Parking and Driving on Campus:
- Parking in the Bidstrup Hall parking lot and along the grassy area next to the back of the 600 Building is no longer available since these are now part of the fenced-off construction area.
- Extra security will be assigned to the main parking lots at the beginning of spring 2012 semester to help keep traffic flowing.
Entry and Exit from Buildings:
- Those entering the 600 Building will have to use entrances other than the back entrance facing Route 6. Those who wish to exit through this door will only be able to go left due to the temporary construction fencing.
- All other buildings are unaffected.
Other Project Details and Miscellaneous Facts:
- A ribbon cutting to celebrate the opening of the new building is tentatively planned for fall semester 2013.
- December 6, 2011 marks the official start date of Phase II construction.
- The construction schedule for state projects is based on the contract signing date. The contractor must start the project within days of the contract signing.
- The construction site is a restricted area where hard hats are required.