One of the cornerstones of our business program is the ability to get apply your classroom education with real-world experience. We encourage all of our BA students to complete an internship or practicum in their final semester.
We are often approached by local companies and nonprofit organizations to fill their internship needs. These internships are listed here, with additional information outside of F-53.
“As the Marketing Intern at Westfarms Mall, I had many great experiences. I learned how to market products, how consumers shop, what the hottest trends are and what stores carry these trends. Ultimately, I’d like to be a buyer for Saks Fifth Avenue. My internship at Westfarms gave me the opportunity to see all facets of marketing that will help make my career goals a reality.” Christiana Everett, A.S. Marketing Management, Tunxis ‘10
- In order to be eligible for any BA internship, students must have completed twelve business core or program option credits with a grade of C- or better, AND have completed at least 40 credits towards their associates degree or 15 credits towards their BA Certificate. Ideally, they are in their last semester(s). Once you are accepted into a BA internship, you need to notify Amy Feest. Once you are accepted into a BA internship, you need to notify me ASAP.
- BA internships require that you complete at least 100 hours the internship AND enroll in BBG 294. (You can complete the internship any time up to and during the semester in which you enroll in BBG 294). The three-credit course only meets several times (approximately 10 hours) during the semester, and the final project is an ePortfolio presented to business professionals.
- The internships emailed periodically to all BA students have been screened and are appropriate for college credit. However, you can also work with Amy Feest or a full time BA faculty member to develop a formal BA internship with your present employer. Students are also encouraged to approach companies of their choice about developing formal internships.
- If you wish to pursue a noncredit internship, it needs to be one that you acquire on your own, and not one promoted by the BA program. Your internship employer must be notified that noncredit business internships are not managed by the BA program. If you wish to pursue a noncredit internship, it needs to be one that you acquire on your own, and not one promoted by the BA program. Your internship employer must be notified that noncredit business internships are not managed by the BA program.
Internship Opportunities for Tunxis Students. See Amy Feest for details and contact information:
- Ameriprise Financial Services - Southington – is looking for a qualified intern to join our Financial Planning Firm. This is a paid internship. Our Financial Planning firm advises individuals, families and small businesses in the Central CT area, and seeks an intern who can participate in various tasks relating to marketing, office administration and client service.This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing, business administration and the financial services industry. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
- American Senior Benefits - Farmington - nationwide insurance marketing agency with a local office. They specialize in providing retirement solutions to the over 65 market. The Farmington office has over 25 trained agents and we represent over sixty insurance companies. They are looking for an intern to join their office and will train and mentor the right individual. The intern would be able to help a manager in the office maintain her client contacts using ACT software; help prepare for client meetings; file; answer client calls; mail client correspondence; and, help with marketing to the clients and potential prospects.
- A Balanced Life - Southington - A Health & Wellness Expo company that coordinates health events for large corporations with (500 or more employees). Its purpose is to bring in local health providers, so the employees can find out new ways to live a healthier life and if they want to follow up on anything they have learned about it’s convenient to do so. Skills include strong phone calling skills, including cold calls, a people person, a positive disposition, and a team player.
- Accounting Connections – Field Marketing Representative – Paid Internship. The Field Marketing Representative is a vital team member in our business. Presently seeking people oriented individuals who are eager to have brief face to face conversations with small business owners.Your goals are to build awareness for our services, motivate individuals to take action, and secure appointments for our consultants. Your reward is the satisfaction that you helped an owner take the first step towards solving a problem in a critical area of their small business. Daily Job Activities - isit small to medium sized businesses in the Greater Hartford area as assigned; Make a brief introduction to the owner to generate interest in our services; Set appointments; Collect contact information; Submit basic reports. Requirments: Highly motivated and energetic personality; A passion for helping people solve problems; Strong presentation skills; a fearless communicator; Reliable transportation; Smartphone
- BareBones Bristol ( www.facebook.com/barebonesbristol and http://www.barebonesbristol.com/ Marketing Intern: This student would help us with outreach to media in keeping our message and events out there, as well as soliciting donations. Business Intern: Help with business plan, non-profit application steps, board meetings (taking minutes at meetings), etc.
- Bridge Street Live – Marketing Internship – Social Media, Ticket Sales, Artist Hospitality, Snail Mail Marketing, and Concert Advancing. Unpaid Internship with Flexible Hours – 10 hours per week. . Free Tickets to Concerts and Shows. For more information www.41bridgestreet.com
- Carter of Manchester – Marketing Internship - Carter Chevrolet and Mazda of Manchester are offering a very unique internship experience for students at an accredited university looking to earn credit. Each dealership will be offering one summer internship and two fall internships. The chosen candidate will have experience with photography, videography, graphic design, social media, and creative writing. The students will learn about the merging of traditional and multimedia in this new digital age and the impact creative and grassroots marketing can have in the business world. They will learn about the power of harnessing social media and “free media” to drive business and strengthen reputation management. Interns will study under our Director of Marketing and the Owner. They’ll be given a $500 budget to research, design, develop, and execute a real-world marketing strategy. They’ll also have the option of working cooperatively with other interns to combine budgets and create a large scale marketing initiative. Students will be compensated with college credit and an extensive real-world portfolio. Applications can be obtained from Amy Feest.
- CNJ Logistics Services - Freight Agent/Dispatcher: We train freight agents by allowing them to get familiar with the business processes, terminology, and systems by performing clerical and administrative duties such as posting loads to load boards, emailing load lists to our database of carriers, tracing dispatched loads by making update/check calls to drivers, creating carrier folders for new carrier’s and making sure all necessary documentation has been obtained and filed. While they are doing this they will be able to directly side by side shadow as well as overhear conversations our Freight Agents are having with both new/potential carrier’s as well as carrier’s we have existing working relationships with. Once the candidate is trained they can begin performing Freight Agent duties of receiving and making calls to carrier’s to discuss open loads, negotiating carrier pay, booking loads, and setting up new freight carriers. The traditional job skills/competencies that would help a candidate succeed at the position and with our company are: Customer Service, Sales, Price negotiating, Data Entry, Navigating multiple windows/programs on a PC, Business phone applications. Knowledge of Geography and/or commercial transportation would shorten the learning curve for a candidate. But these are not required and a motivated and ambitious person will not have a problem learning these aspects. We are looking for someone who can come in and immediately be able to take a list and input the data from an email onto multiple load boards. Call carriers who have been dispatched on loads and enter log updates into our system. The ideal candidate for the position is someone who is comfortable initiating a phone conversation with someone they have not spoken to before and asking probing questions to find out about their business and their business needs. The ideal candidate would be able to communicate how what we offer can solve the business need and effectively negotiate pay rate. The position would be a good fit for any business major looking to develop skills in building customer/client relationships and negotiating skills. We are located on the Farmington/Plainville line (within 5 miles of Tunxis).
- Coldwell Banker Premiere Realtors – Southington – Advertising/Marketing Intern - We are looking for a college student with interest in advertising/marketing to join us for the summer. All interns must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and independent workers with good time management skills. Knowledge of current MS Office software and all social media is essential. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Help to develop branding strategies, reate product literature (print and online), Create and maintain all social media. We are willing to work around a school schedule and are flexible regarding start and end dates. This is a paid internship.
- Entrepreneurs That SOAR- A marketing, consulting and resource organization for small businesses. We provide promotional and networking opportunities for other working professionals, small business owners and other entrepreneurs. Currently we are in search of undergraduate students majoring in business and marketing who would like to join our team of diverse interns who utilize and hone their skills by taking on various roles in our organization.We offer a variety of positions for our interns and even tailor their work experience with us to fulfill their needs with their degree program and ultimate career goals.
- Goodspeed Musicals internships are available in the Marketing, Development, Producing, and Education & Library Departments. Please go to http://www.goodspeed.org/education-library/internships for more information! Internship incentives include: Monthly meet-and-greets with staff, free tickets to Goodspeed productions, networking opportunities, and the opportunity to earn college credit through your school or university.
- Imagine Nation Museum Internship Program – Organization: Boys & Girls Club and Family Center of Bristol/Imagine Nation Museum Division Job Title: Administrative Intern Dates of Position: Internships are available during the academic year as well as during the summer. Summary of Internship Program: This position is for an Administrative Intern at the Imagine Nation Museum. The internship is a very unique opportunity with many diverse learning experiences. Responsibilities: Research potential individual and corporate donors using internet research tools. Maintain and help coordinate donor files and processes. Develop email marketing announcements. Assist with special event preparations and staff special events as needed. Assist with other donor relations and stewardship activities. Update marketing databases for promotion of museum. Design program flyers and the museum newsletter. Assist the Director in submitting grants; involves research and maintaining files. Assist with museum gift shop inventory and ordering supplies. Assist with volunteer orientation, training, and recruitment events. Post volunteer opportunities to websites and other recruitment sources. Assist with monthly reports for admission, attendance, demographics. Organize and categorize museum records. Assist with the organization of museum database (field trips, scouts, etc). Assist with accurate donor and financial records.
- First Global Merchant Services – West Hartford – Internet Social Media Marketing and Branding Intern. For more information, see Amy Feest.
- HRA (The Human Resources Agency of New Britain) is actively looking for Income tax volunteers. Volunteers get free training and are needed for New Britain, Bristol, Meriden, Southington, New Haven, Hamden and Wallingford.
- The Hartford Business Journal is looking for business interns to assist with HBJ Events. To apply: http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/nomination.php?cf_form_name=intern.
- Hispanic Recruitment Services, Inc. (New Britain) operates two niche diversity job portal sites for Latina/o candidates, LatinosinHigherEd.com and LatinoGraduate.com. These sites are the premier web sites matching Latina/o candidates with college and universities (www.latinosinhighered.com) and Latino students with all types of employers for internships, co-ops and entry-level jobs (www.latinograduate.com). Hispanic Recruitment Services, Inc. is looking for interns who are looking to utilize their skill and contribute to helping the company reach its goal in a positive way. Being of Latino descent or being able to speak Spanish is not a requirement to work for Hispanic Recruitment Services, Inc. Internship Opportunities Available include marketing, communications, HR, and accounting. For more information: http://hispanicrecruitment.com/intern.php
- Infinity Music Hall (Norfolk, CT–but office is right on New Britain Ave. near Unionville center) – Marketing Department Event Marketing Internship. Several positions available. Hours per week: 4 – 15. Exact hours will be based on intern’s schedule and number of hours required for credit. More hours may be available for the right candidate. Intern Responsibilities: Assist with the updating and maintenance of show listings on Infinity Music Hall website; Organize and gather information: Artist’s website, YouTube video, Facebook/Myspace/Twitter profiles, mp3s, bios; Upload and test this information into the website CMS; Update online event calendars (Eventful, Zvents, CTcalendar, etc.) and the Infinity Music Hall Social Media pages (Facebook/MySpace/Twitter, etc.); Verify Infinity Music Hall ’s show presence on Artist’s website, Facebook/Myspace/Twitter profiles; Assist with promotional mailings; Assist with email marketing. Specialized projects available(blogging for interested candidates, redesign of blog/MySpace skins for qualified and interested candidates, etc.) Position reports to the Marketing Manager at the Administrative Offices in Unionville (Farmington area).
- John Burns, CPA – Providing bookkeeping and payroll services to small business clients through the use of QuickBooks accounting software. Responsibilities would include the weekly recording of accounting transactions into QuickBooks, including preparation of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and other financial transactions. Responsibilities also include the reconciliation of all general ledger accounts on a monthly basis. There also will be some client interaction involved in clarifying any questions we may have. Additional responsibilities might include the preparation of quarterly payroll tax returns, W-2’s and 1099’s and individual, corporate and partnership income tax returns. Job is paid and located in Farmington. Hours would be flexible and could vary from 10 hours a week to possibly 25.
- Koma Precision - A local manufacturing company has a part time internship opportunity as a Junior Graphic Designer in their Marketing Department. Hours are flexible. Must commit to 15 hours per week. It’s mostly assisting the Marketing Department with making binders, laying out catalogs, getting things ready for tradeshows etc. Qualifications: Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 5 – Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design (No design involved), HTML knowledge a plus, good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. This is a temp to hire position.
LaQuerre, Michaud & Company, Plainville. Accounting Internship. The internship will take place during the months of January thru April 2013. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real world CPA firm experience. The intern will have on the job training with staff and partners. Responsibilities will include assisting with yearend workpapers, preparation of tax returns, and various other projects. The candidate must be enrolled in an accounting program. The individual also must have a high level of professionalism and communications skills, In addition to working well in a team environment with strong work ethic.
- New Britain Youth Theater - Interns can work a set number of hours weekly, or on a project-by-project basis. Individual responsibilities are assigned based upon experience. Prior knowledge of theater management or production is not necessary, but punctuality, dependability, and an interest in theater are essential. NBYT will also cooperate to meet an intern’s needs for possible academic credit or fulfillment of required community service hours. Available internships may also be combined or tailored to meet an intern’s availability and interests. Marketing and Fundraising: Projects may include: assisting in the preparation and distribution of press releases, posters, flyers, and programs; researching potential foundation and business donors; assisting with grant writing and donation requests; and assisting in the planning and preparation of promotional and fundraising events.
- Omega Solutions - Southington – Omega provides fast Internet access, reliable web hosting, robust eCommerce solutions, search engine optimization, co-location, networking, website design & development and network security product, to businesses of all sizes. Skills include the ability to understand technology, strong phone calling skills, including cold calls, a people person, a positive disposition, and a team player.
- Padgett Business Services of Farmington, CT – Accounting Intern – Paid Position – Padgett Business Services is the leading provider of tax and accounting services for small business. As an Accounting Intern, you will have a critical role in allowing our firm to deliver value to our client. Our mission is to find sufficient tax or business expense savings each year to offset our fees to that client. Your role is, as part of a team, is to receive information from several dozen Premier Clients via our Client Manager. You will organize and prepare that information for data entry by our Accounting Paraprofessionals. You may be asked to review the derived financial information with the client. You may be asked to complete duties of a similar nature. Specific job responsibilities will include: Interpret and process information received for data entry; review of output from data entry to ensure quality translation into financial statements; review completed Quarterly and Annual payroll filings for accuracy; make required payroll and sales tax payments for client; assist in preparation of sales, payroll, property and income tax returns at the federal and state level. Progress toward an Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Strong written and speaking English skills are required, additional languages are highly preferred.
- Padgett Business Services of Farmington, CT – Marketing Intern – Paid Position – Padgett Business Services is the leading provider of tax and accounting services for small business.Internship involves marketing and new business development for local accounting firm that serves small businesses. Tasks: Organize and implement direct mail and internet marketing approaches to small business owners to sell our accounting and payroll services; Requires work with external customers or the public; Work Activities: Implement weekly direct mail programs targeting small businesses in the Hartford area; Design and implement e-marketing activities in consultation with owner (email, Linked-In, Facebook, etc.); Other similar work as directed. You must be able to demonstrate a strong positive work ethic demonstrating punctuality, reliability, and initiative. You should also demonstrate affability and approachability. You must be capable of using a computer. You should be able to prepare simple reports that will help evaluate our marketing activities.
- PTE Energy in Plainville – PTE Energy is one of Connecticut’s leading providers of energy efficiency solutions. As one of only fourteen authorized contractors for CL&P and United Illuminating’s HES and SBEA energy efficiency programs, PTE is well positioned in the energy market, and is expanding into other markets rapidly. As such, PTE is looking to hire a Marketing Specialist Intern to support the management of our web presence and other marketing-related activities. While applicants with marketing skills/knowledge related to the position are certainly welcome, PTE can also provide training for the right person.
- The Perfect Promotion in West Hartford – Students will be compensated by commission. Primary responsibilities include: Contact new and established leads. Create a Prospect Program. (This program will reflect our goals outlined in our Marketing Plan- targeting new organizations in the healthcare industry as well as organizations that attend trade shows. This will include, but not be limited to designing the program, creating collateral for direct mail campaign – including promotional items – and launching the program.) Assist and maintain social media marketing, i.e. Facebook and twitter. Attend any meeting or Expos that take place during internship. Participate on sales calls with the Sales Department. Assist production department in meeting clients’ needs and requests
- Prudence Crandall Center – Marketing Intern – Established in 1973 by a group of women in a church basement to empower those who came to them to participate in all aspects of community life. We are the oldest domestic violence shelter in Connecticut and second oldest in the nation. (37 years) MISSION — Prudence Crandall Center will: Provide caring support, beneficial information and individual advocacy to women, men, and children who are victims of domestic violence; Provide emergency shelter to victims of domestic violence; Educate our community to reduce and ultimately eliminate domestic violence. We are looking for an intern to: update our website, create and revise brochures, develop a social media program (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), revamp our newsletter, establish strong relationships with the media in all outlets, and help to develop a marketing plan to work with our Development and Strategic plans.
- Ridgefield Playhouse – Marketing and Event Coordination Internship – The Ridgefield Playhouse is a nonprofit performing arts venue that offers a wide range of entertainment, bringing in world class performers and comedians as well as children’s shows, movies and films. This 500 seat venue’s goal is to provide something for everyone. With over 100 live shows a year the Playhouse has hosted talents like The Bacon Brothers, Greg Allman, The Doobie Brothers, Kevin Costner, Natalie Cole, ColbieCalliat, Martin Short, and so many more. An intern of The Ridgefield Playhouse gets to experience all aspects of the entertainment field with a focus on marketing and live event coordination. They will work with all levels of the staff to help with the day to day functions of the organization. The marketing side of the internship deals with marketing research to discover new markets where the organization can promote their shows (radio, print, online and local.) This also includes helping the organization maintain and build its online presences by listing events on a variety of websites as well as discovering new outlets where events can be posted.Content management is another task the internship program focuses on. They will help make sure the organizations website is clear, concise and depicting the right message. This may include researching performers and artists to make sure we are promoting shows in the best possible way and establishing the correct show description. On days where there are live events interns are required to assist in setting up hospitality for the performers and will work closely with the event coordinator to make sure everything runs smoothly. They will learn how live events are planned and are carried out. This includes advancing the shows technical needs to fulfilling the artist rider and day or show needs.
- Rita’s Italian Ice (Farmington and Rocky Hill Locations): Location: Farmington, CT 15-20 hours per week. Job Responsibility: Marketing intern will be responsible for the following duties. Visiting local businesses and dropping off catering information, and free ice coupons. Contacting local organizations in surrounding towns for fund raising opportunities and Celebrity Scoop Events. Once an event is booked you will promote the event and also be on site the day of the event. Organizing summer Theme nights and promoting them to the community. Summer theme nights may include: pajama night, pet night, sports night, Hawaiian night, etc. FUN!!! Skills Required: Intern must be energetic and have great communication skills. This position will have you reaching out into the community. Salary: This position will be a commission-based salary. You will earn a percentage of all new business you bring in. Special Information: An example of a Celebrity Scoop Night would be you contacting your local firehouse and seeing if they would like to have an event to earn money. The firemen would be able to scoop Italian ice to the community on a certain day and earn a percentage of sales
- The Shoppes at Farmington Valley – Assist the general manager and marketing assistant with developing and implementing special events and promotions. (Events will require working weekends.); Order collateral to support events and promotions; Write copy and collect logos as needed; Assist with the coordination of The Shoppes at Farmington Valley events and help to manage the email database; Assist with updating social networking websites; Additional projects may occur based on current center activity. Requirements: Must currently be enrolled in a 2 or 4-year college or university; Major in marketing, public relations or communications a plus; Must be available to work weekdays and Saturdays. This is a paid internship
- Signs of All Kinds LLC is a family owned LLC, producing craft related products, novelty signs & commercial signage. They have been in business for 22 years and are located at West Main St., Rockville. The company currently maintains 3 separate web sites & needs help maintaining & improving them. They have the Adobe CS3 Suite and several other design programs. This is a great opportunity for any student interested in marketing or eCommerce
- Scotti Associates LLC specializes in the entire field of taxation and accounting. This includes bookkeeping, accounting and tax preparation. We also represent taxpayers who have issues with federal and state tax issues. This includes audits, collections and finding tax solutions for issues. Any intern would be exposed to some accounting, learning about tax preparation and audit and collection issues.
- Southington Care Center in Southingon – HR Intern – This internship will assist in providing support to the Director of Human Resources by assisting with employee onboarding and orientations; providing research and data as needed; performing telephone interviews to prescreen candidates; scheduling interview candidates as needed. In addition, this internship will also work on special HR projects as defined. Skill Requirements: Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel are required; Flexible and have a strong teamwork orientation; Excellent communication and writing skills; Excellent interpersonal skills; Analytical skills also desired; Business Management or Social Work Program Focus desirable.
- Sozo – Market Analyst Intern – Hard Working, Detail Oriented, Self-Motivated Individual wanted for small baby apparel and gift company located in Farmington, CT. Duties include data entry, invoicing, collections and some basic customer service. Will also assist with website and social media marketing. Having an understanding of Quickbooks is a plus.
- Treasures By Trinene. The owner (a Tunxis alum!) is an author of children’s books and she is branching out to self publishing so she is looking for someone to help out as an assistant. The hours are very flexible and the student and owner would meet once or twice a week in person, and via phone during the week as needed. Students do not work in the office; they can work on their own time. They will need a computer, phone, pen and paper or note book. Here are some examples of work assignments: Make phone calls; Research/apply for publishing and marketing related information; Schedule appointments/events if needed; Create e-mail blasts; Write letters and or email
- Tunxis Academic Support Accounting Tutor – Working in the Academic Support Center, students will assist in tutoring students in basic, financial and managerial accounting. Tutors must be a current Tunxis student and have at least 12 credits in business classes, and at least 40 towards AS degree. Tutors must have an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and are expected to maintain that average. Tutors must have received an “A” or “B” in the courses they want to tutor (in both Financial AND Managerial Accounting). Tutors must have good communication skills. Tutors must have a high level of patience and a sincere desire to help others.
- Tunxis Business Office - Accounting/Administrative interns needed. Internship is located on the Tunxis campus
- Tunxis Foundation – Marketing/Administrative interns needed, with specific need for interns who understand social media. Internship is located on the Tunxis campus
- Walmart Summer Internship, 10-Week Summer Program, $12/Hour. Walmart is looking for hard-working students who are eager to learn, strive for academic excellence and want to become future leaders. During our Internship program, you will be given the opportunity to: Apply your college education to “real world” practical situations in retail business and start on a possible career path with the world’s largest retailer. Walmart Internship Eligibility Requirements: 3.0 Cumulative GPA preferred; Interested in a store management career with a fast-paced retailer who embraces change and creative thinking; Enthusiastic, team-oriented and enjoy working with others; Understand and appreciates diversity as the source of new ideas and better customer service; Values high integrity and strong business ethic
- Webster Bank – Bristol/Farmington. Paid teller positions as available; 20 hours per week including evenings and weekends. Positions incorporate sales, customer service, finance, operations and compliance, and leadership development. Experience: Previous experience working in customer facing environment is preferred, but not required; Customer service or banking preferred; Cash handling experience preferred. More info can be found at: https://www.websteronline.com/about-webster/webster/careers/welcome-to-webster.html. If you apply for this position as part of a Tunxis internship, you have to apply online and notify Amy Feest after you have applied so that your name can be forwarded to the branch manager and your application flagged for review
- WestFarms Mall – At the direction of the Marketing Department, has the overall responsibility of assisting the marketing team on various tasks including: collateral, collecting sales/event specials from retailers, event planning, public relations, merchant relations, media relations, website, etc. Will work closely with marketing team on planning meetings and event execution. This position will allow intern basic knowledge of the marketing field from a shopping center prospective. Candidate must be enrolled at an accredited college or university and be of sophomore status and at least 18 years of age. Communications, public relations, marketing or English majors are preferred. Dress code includes business casual, unless otherwise informed. All applicants must fill out a Taubman application, required paperwork, background check and drug screening is also required. Knowledge And Experience Requirements: Demonstrated communication skills – written and verbal; Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills; Demonstrates basic computer skills, including Excel, Word and Lotus Notes; Demonstrated professional manner including presentation and dres
- Wheeler Clinic – Development and Public Relations Department Wheeler Clinic, a unique provider of behavioral health services for children, adolescents, adults and families, seeks a development and public relations intern for summer and fall 2011. Position requirements: strong writing, interpersonal and research skills, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and selected social media. Preferred: Second-year+ undergraduate student pursuing majors in any of the following: health care or non-profit administration, public policy, marketing, business, English or public relations. Responsibilities to include: Development and implementation of Facebook and Twitter posting schedule. Expansion of department media lists. Maintenance of Intranet website calendar. Research and collection of non-profit communications outside of Wheeler Clinic, including appeal letters, annual reports, brochures, websites, social media initiatives. Draft and distribution of selected media advisories, press releases. Special projects, as assigned.
- YWCA New Britain – Development intern - YWCA New Britain is seeking an outgoing, organized, hardworking Development Intern to assist the Development Department with fundraising efforts. The internship is approximately 5-10 hours per week. Duties and Responsibilities – Assist the Development Department with their biggest annual fundraiser- a dinner and auction event- by performing tasks such as help with mailings, phone calls to potential donors and sponsors, creating marketing materials, etc; Update social media- Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube, organization website; Write newsletter articles or press releases as needed; General clerical duties; Other development tasks as assigned. Qualifications – Excellent oral and written communication skills; Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint; Actively pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university, and have completed a minimum of two years. Minimum GPA 3.0
Other internships shared to Tunxis:
- The CT Ad Club often lists jobs and internships: http://www.adclubct.org/jobbank/job-listings/
- Marketing EDGE has a great website for marketing jobs and internships: http://www.marketingedge.org/students/marketing-careers-for-students
- A great website with hundreds of summer internships, compliled by the Department of Labor: http://webapps.dol.gov/SummerJobs/
- Carrier and Pratt and Whitney have a variety of internships in business. You can go to their website: http://careers.utc.com/joblist.asp. You need to search for CT jobs, and then scroll to find the internships listed.
- Summer Marketing and Business Internships at Playhouse in the Park, West Hartford: http://www.playhouseonpark.org/pop/internships.html
- The White House Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This hands-on program is designed to mentor today’s young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office of the President and prepare them for future public service opportunities. For more details read the about this program: http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/internships.
- Traveler’s Insurance has a huge internship program. More info can be found at: http://www.travelers.com/about-us/careers/students-new-graduates/internships.aspx.
- FOX CT & The CT.Now – Television offers college internship opportunities in the following areas: Weather, Sports, Creative Services – Marketing/Communications, Creative Services – On-air Promotion, Sales, News – Producing and Assignment Desk (occasional rotations for on-air reporting and editing), Interactive – Web, Production – In-studio camera operation (opportunity for additional education in other areas of production for advanced interns). Here is a link for more information: http://www.ctnow.com/about/jobs/
- CPTV/WNPR – CPTV/Connecticut Public Television and WNPR/Connecticut Public Radio have internship opportunities available. In particular, we’re looking for production assistants for our daily radio show and new sports network. In addition, there is a corporate communications positions still available. Please pass on the attached descriptions to interested students and ask them to visit www.cpbn.org <http://www.cpbn.org/> (under the “About Us” tab; “Internships and Work Study” for an application and program specifics.
Here are some additional links to help you uncover business internships: