With your degree in business administration from Tunxis Community College, you will have the skills you need to succeed in business or to transfer to a bachelor’s level Business Administration program. From the largest, global corporations, to the smallest sole proprietorship, you will learn the skills all companies need to grow – including accounting, ethics, finance, law, management, MIS, and marketing.
Your BA education will include a strong foundation in the liberal arts, as well as case studies, team projects, professional guest speakers, field trips, internships and more. These are the hands-on skills that employers seek in their future employees.
The Tunxis Business Administration program provides a comprehensive foundation with small classes and individualized student-faculty interaction. You will learn from faculty who bring their real-world experience into the classroom, bringing theory to life and offering the opportunity to build networks before you graduate.
Providing Students with Skills and Knowledge for the Future
A new survey from the National Association of Colleges and Employers lists finance, business, accounting, and marketing among the top 10 bachelor’s degrees in demand by companies hiring new college graduates.
Business Administration Program
Upon successful completion of the business administration degree program, students will demonstrate:
- both accounting and finance concepts as applied to the sound fiscal management of a business enterprise,
- various micro- and macroeconomic principles and their influence on the organizational decision-making process,
- marketing’s role in the development of a successful business strategy,
- the impact of leadership, employee behavior and organizational culture in attaining organizational goals and objectives,
- both the ethical and legal implications of managerial decisions and the effect of those decisions on organizational stakeholders,
- group dynamics and the benefits of a team-based approach in business,
- the impact and uses of technology in the 21st century business environment,
- the integration of knowledge and apply learned skills for real-world business decision making, and
- Tunxis’ General Education Abilities as they apply to the business professions.
Business Administration Associate’s Degree 2013/2014 Plan of Study
ACC*113 Principles of Financial Accounting
BMK*201 Principles of Marketing
Directed Computer Elective
Fine Arts Elective
ACC*117 Principles of Managerial Accounting
ECN*102 Principles of Microeconomics
ECN*101 Principles of Macroeconomics
ENG*106 Writing for Business
ENG*103 Composition II
BBG*231 Business Law I
BBG*240 Business Ethics
BFN*201 Principles of Finance
MAT*165 Elementary Statistics with Computer Apps
Directed ElectiveManagement Option – Select One:
BMG*210 Organizational Behavior
BBG*292 Business Practicum