In keeping with the mission of the Connecticut Community Colleges, the Physical Therapist Assistant Program is committed to a high standard of scholarship as it educates students with the theory, knowledge and clinical skills essential to the physical therapist assistant. Designed for the optimal use of clinical and educational resources across Connecticut, this education is offered through a multi-college consortium. This structure drives our emphasis on technology and communication to facilitate learning in the classroom and the clinic, as the program endeavors to educate students who:
- Strive for excellence as physical therapist assistants
- Are committed to high ethical standards
- Appreciate and value racial, social and cultural diversity
- Are invested in community improvement
- Engage in lifelong learning
Tunxis is a member of the Connecticut Community College Physical Therapy Assistant Consortium.